[GMG-Devel] [Social-mediagoblin] MediaGoblin: the Logo

Christopher Allan Webber cwebber at dustycloud.org
Mon Jul 25 17:55:48 EDT 2011

Sorry for not responding to logo-2, I've been overwhelmed the last
couple of weeks.

Anyway, hm!  I was actually not so exctied by the iterations in logo-2,
but I do like this version in -3... I guess the change of type makes me
appreciate this version a lot more.  I'd say this is a good logo
candidate, although I'd be interested in knowing what others (Jef?)
think.  It's a bit less looking to me like something with a tail, which
I've found to be problematic.

Regarding the one with the M on the top and G on the bottom however, I'm
not terribly excited about that.. it simply looks too much to me like
cat ears on some kind of creature's head.  That's been my main objection
to both of these, they both look creatureish, but the wrong creature.

I do like that particular font... I really love that type!.  We already
have a font, though I'm not sure if Jef feels it's the final font,
though.  I'd be interested in hearing what Jef thinks of this!

Personally I'm still mostly preferring:

 - #1 on the right
 - #6 or #7 on column 2

of http://dustycloud.org/misc/logo_derivatives.png

I'd love to see more movement on this... I'd like to put *a* logo in
place for this release, though it doesn't have to be the one we finalize
on.

 - Chris

--
http://dustycloud.org/