[GMG-Devel] Hosting service?

Sally Hanford Sally.Hanford at nottingham.ac.uk
Mon Oct 7 05:23:16 EDT 2013

Hi all
Does the Affero GPL license allow this?
I thought not (my understanding was that Affero was explicitly to prevent using the SaaS model, but having reviewed the spec on Wikipedia now I'm not sure. As long as the source code is still made available and the GPL conditions adhered to, it appears that offering a service in this way is fine :)
I'd be very interested in any developments on this front. We specifically need live streaming and hooking into a CDN, though. We are currently using the Kaltura SaaS version.
Regards
Sally