[GMG-Devel] Looking to contribute (Browser Extensions)

Christopher Allan Webber cwebber at dustycloud.org
Thu Feb 20 10:37:10 EST 2014

sebastiansam55 at gmail.com writes:

> Hi, I want to contribute to the project, I am interested in making a
> MediaGoblin browser extension for firefox and google chrome browsers. Like
> some of the extensions that the imgur site has that allow for quick and
> easy uploading of pictures and stuff.
>
> I haven't seen anything about browser extensions and some searches didn't
> turn up any so I just wanted to check in and make sure that I wasn't
> wasting my time on something someone is already working on. It would also
> be nice if someone could point me to some documentation about the upload
> and login processes.
>
> Thanks!

Heya.  Sorry it's taken me so long to reply to this one.

A browser extension would be pretty great, though our API is likely to
change shortly to using the Pump API for uploading.  You could take a
look at tools like automgtic for examples of how to use the existing API
though.

I am really interested in a browser extension though!  I haven't looked
at imgur's extension but that sounds quite interesting.

 - Chris