[GMG-Devel] Got my instance up and running! (was: having issues with Celery)

Damien Radtke damienradtke at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 17:18:03 EST 2014

I recently colocated a Linux server for personal use, and finally got my
Mediagoblin up and running: http://74.122.197.234:6543/

It turns out that the problems I was having with Celery (most of them,
anyway) were caused by a bug in the EXIF.py library, since it was breaking
on one of my jpg's (infinite loop near line 1732). Other images, however,
seem to work fine.

A couple things are still missing. I haven't tested it with anything
besides images, e-mail registration doesn't work (not sure if I want to
enable it, though), and I want to try and streamline some of the init
scripts a little more. It turns out that Celery is a pain in the ass to
properly daemonize, especially when compared with the paster that does it
so well.

I may be blogging about this in the near future.

Thanks for making such a great piece of software!
~Damien