[GMG-Devel] The Goblin now has bones

Jeremy Pope jpope at jpope.org
Sun Jan 12 19:36:23 EST 2014

Hello!

As Chris mentioned in the content-centric theme thread[1], I have taken
up the role as "design deputy". This was in part due to Chris asking if
I'd like to incorporate my sandy theme[2] into the GMG core. I was
extremely happy when the email hopped into my inbox stating that I had
been added to the "mediagoblins" team. w00t!

The first change I wanted to implement was to pull in Skeleton[3] to
handle the galleries instead of the previous table. This way, when the
site is viewed on mobile, the "table rows" don't get broken up and off
kilter. Including skeleton also adds more @media queries which make it
somewhat more responsive than it was previously. I also applied some of
the skeleton classes to the views, specifically where there was a
sidebar + main content.

When these changes are pulled in, you will need to run:

$ git submodule init && git submodule update

to pull in the Skeleton source.

I did make a couple of other tweaks to the base css (like changing the
'Delete' buttons to red). But, overall there wasn't too many changes
made to the default theme and the Airy theme. If you have a custom GMG
theme in place, and you had some css around the gallery (specifically
the table) you may need to adjust. The table was changed where the
is now skeleton's "<columns>". Aside from this, there _shouldn't_ be
any breakage with custom themes.

If there are any questions, comments, complaints, or just want to slap
me around, let me know.

[1]
[1]http://lists.mediagoblin.org/pipermail/devel/2014-January/000760.htm

[2]