[GMG-Devel] OpenSCAD media type

Christopher Allan Webber cwebber at dustycloud.org
Fri Nov 14 12:14:11 EST 2014

Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva writes:

> On Thu, 13 Nov 2014, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
>
> Sandboxed, not turing complete, only worries I can think of would be
> someone exploiting slow functions to kill processor capacity.

Someone could do that already with the STL plugin by providing an
egregiously complex model.  It's a real concern, but maybe we should
make it clear that certain plugins are more dangerous if you really
don't trust your users.

>> Nonetheless, this seems like it's a cool tool.
>
> Thanks! I've done some extra work, will commit soon.

Great!

(PS, do you think there is overlap here with the STL tool?  Do you have
any ideas on how we might present these tools together?  It might make
sense not to, or it might make sense to... perhaps I should get Aeva's
(the original implementor's) input as well.)

Looking forward to seeing more!
 - Chris