[GMG-Devel] Patches for blog media_type

ayleph ayleph at thisshitistemp.com
Mon Aug 24 03:13:21 EDT 2015

On 08/24/2015 12:07 AM, ayleph wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> I have two questions about this approach.
>
> 1. Does it seem acceptable to default to a text string like this, or
> would we rather just have some UUID-gen string? Note that if I make
> multiple blogs or blogposts with the same title, the successive slugs do
> get a generated bit tacked on to the end, so there's no issue with
> defaulting to the same string for every blog or blogpost.

I forgot to mention, I also considered throwing up a messages.WARNING or
messages.ERROR to the user telling them they must supply a title to the
blog post. Since we don't require the user to input a title for other
media, I thought it would be more consistent to also allow users to
create a blog or blogpost without requiring a title. But I don't mind
changing my implementation if people think that requiring the user to
input a title is a better solution than giving a default title.

--
ayleph