[GMG-Devel] Move from Transifex -> GNU's Pootle instance

Laura Arjona Reina larjona at larjona.net
Fri Feb 20 08:36:08 EST 2015

Hi!

El 20/02/15 a las 04:53, Christopher Allan Webber escribió:
> Laura Arjona Reina writes:
>
>> Done! I have just registered an account and completed the Spanish
>> translation :)
>
> Woo!
>

>>> (Note: You can *no longer* translate using Transifex.  Please use the
>>> Pootle instance!)
>>>

>> I see that the project is archived in Transifex. I suggest that the
>> admin of the project (cwebber I believe) sends a message to every
>> translator (we will get the message in the Transifex inbox and in our
>> mail) to send translators to the Pootle instance (or to the wiki page),
>> since I am not sure all of them are subscribed to this list. Is it
>> possible, or is already late? Other solution would be to manually gather
>> a list of translators from the PO files (I can do it, if you think it's
>> better) and send an email to those persons.
>
> This seems like a good idea, but I don't know how to do this... is there
> a way that someone knows?  I tried unarchiving it and poked around, but
> saw no way to message all translators.

With the project unarchived, it should be able for the project admin to
write an announcement in

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/mediagoblin/announcements/

Translators should receive a notification then, unless they willingly
cleared out that setting in https://www.transifex.com/settings/notices/
(default is that you receive notifications).

Let me know if you want a list of mails extracted from the PO files.

Regards
Laura Arjona
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona