[GMG-Devel] ./configure && make now mandatory

ayleph ayleph at thisshitistemp.com
Sun Feb 22 16:29:45 EST 2015

On February 22, 2015 12:50:57 PM PST, Christopher Allan Webber <cwebber at dustycloud.org> wrote:

>(Note, if you don't want the in-package
>Virtualenv, consider running:
>  ./configure --without-virtualenv
>
>... I have considered the virtualenv not being built by default and
>have
>"make virutalenv" be a user step for those following such a process?
>I'm not sure, thoughts welcome!)

Will the "upgrade" steps be the same as the build steps, in that upgrading will also require running `./bootstrap.sh && ./configure && and make` to get the latest translations & external stuff? If so, then I don't think it makes sense to default to rebuilding the virtualenv for each upgrade. However, some people might *want* to rebuild their virutalenv for an upgrade, so I think it makes sense add a "make virtualenv" target or have a "./configure --with-virtualenv" switch.

Then again, I could be persuaded that the proper way to upgrade is to run "./configure --without-virtualenv."
--
ayleph