[Userops] Antonio Terceiro's DebConf talk on packaging free software web applications

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at sandstorm.io
Mon Aug 24 13:22:53 EDT 2015

I was super impressed by this talk.

One thing I realized today, a few days after seeing the talk (on Saturday)
is:

I wonder if a lot of the config can be done, rather than by chef scripts
mutating files on-disk, by passing environment variables to the app. That
way, hopefully, the environment variables can store site-specific details,
similar to how Heroku describes "12 factor apps": http://12factor.net/

If that's unclear, let me know and I can try to say more. I'm curious what
you think, Antonio.