[Userops] Sandstorm's security track record, and what it means for self-hosting

Asheesh Laroia asheesh at sandstorm.io
Wed Mar 2 12:56:10 EST 2016

Hi nice userops people,

I want to share the results of an analysis of security issues of web apps
available on the Sandstorm app market, done by Kenton Varda and myself of
the Sandstorm team.

*95% of security issues automatically mitigated, before they were
discovered*

Sandstorm automatically protects users from a huge fraction of the publicly
disclosed security vulnerabilities discovered in apps on the Sandstorm app
market, before the vulnerabilities were even disclosed. Of the issues we
examined, 95% were wholly or partly mitigated.

You can read the full report here in our documentation:
https://docs.sandstorm.io/en/latest/using/security-non-events/

Or read my short announcement blog post:
https://sandstorm.io/news/2016-02-29-security-track-record

If you have any questions about it, let me know!

Cheers,

Asheesh.